Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Where's Goldie? "Where the adventure began"


Hello! Welcome to my blog about my Ebay adventures. Hopefully you will find this interesting or amusing as you read and see some of the unusual and sometimes crazy things I have sold on Ebay for $$$. Most everything I found at either a garage sale or thrift store.

The adventure began one night when I was linked to an ebook about children's books that sell well on Ebay. I LOVE children's books! Children's book always have such great illustrations and the good ones are always a joy to read aloud.


Well... after reading this ebook, I did some research on Ebay and stumbled upon a small book called "Where's Goldie?". Perhaps you've heard of it. I had never heard of it but I copied the picture into a file along with other pictures of children's books (old and not so old) that sell well on Ebay. I then turned all these pictures into a screen saver slide show and throughout the next few days my computer would flash these pictures of children's books and I would see them from time to time as I walked by and went about my day. I did this in hope that my brain would remember them if I ever came across one. It could mean some nice $$$.

A few days later, there was a church garage sale. While browsing through the children's books I stumbled upon this little golden book called "Where's Goldie?" I froze! And, then I threw it back in the pile of books and continued looking at others. Then I froze again. Why was I still thinking about that little golden book? I picked it up again. I held in my hand for several minutes wondering what to do with it. I really didn't know why I was thinking about it. It didn't even register that it was one of my screen saver pictures. Luckily, I saw the sign saying
books 10 cents. "10 cents! Well... I think I can chance it even if it turns out to be worthless... looks like a cute little story to read to the kids". So, I walked out with a few other books and went home after spending just a couple of dollars.


When I got home, I checked Ebay's "sold" history and... sure enough! This particular book sold on Ebay for $50! I almost fell off my chair!

I listed my book and it sold for $20! Not bad for a 10 cent investment.


Later, my son found one at a garage sale and bought it for 25 cents. His sold for $30!

And, then a few months later, I found one at a thrift store. I paid $1 for it and it sold for $20.

So... this little tiny book started my adventure with a bang. With such little investment and a decent return (even after Ebay and Paypal fees), I figured it all would add up to some fun mad money.

So... for those of you who are reading this, I hope you are inspired to keep your eyes open for little gems like "Where's Goldie?".

Be sure to check back from time to time and I'll continue to share with you the things I find and sell on Ebay.

3 comments:

Anita said...

Hey, girl! How cool! Any more big $$ finds this week?

Miss ya,
Anita

Unknown said...

Wow! We had that book when my kids were little. I'm going to have to search to see if it's still around here. I don't part with many books, but for $20 or $30 or $50 - I think I can be talked out of it!

I like your blog!
Blessings,
Susan
http://my52cents.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!