Thursday, August 9, 2007

FINDING THE MARKET VALUE OF A BOOK



One way to know the value of a book is to use the website www.addall.com. It will list what the book is selling for on Amazon, Half.com, Alibris, Abebooks and others. This is a considerable time saver from going to each company's website to check value. It's also a great way to see at a glance if there are a lot of copies of the book in the used market.

When I bring home a book that I'm not sure of, I first check Ebay. This lets me see if there is any demand for the book. If there aren't any auctions for it or just a few, I then check addall. This will help me decide if I should sell the book through a different venue. Sometimes Ebay is not the best place to sell a book.

Hope this tip will help you save time when deciding to sell books online.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Thank you for your blog. I am also a christian and and your favorite books (lised in your profile) are also my favorite books. I also have been selling books and other finds on ebay. We sell a lot of homeschool books in the summer and with my husbands work being very slow due to the slow down in construction, it has been helpful. Thank you for all of your great information. It has been a help and a blessing to me.
Blessings,
Michele

CG said...

Great info, Lynn. What a time-saver. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.